The Fort Livingstone-Pelly Heritage Guild was formed in 2003 under the leadership of Mayor Robert Hornibrook (deceased). The mission of the Guild was:
- To resurrect and restore for all Canadians, the history, the splendor of Old Fort Pelly, the Hudson's Bay Company headquarters along with Old Fort Livingstone, the first North West Mounted Police Headquarters west of the Red River and the first seat of Government for the North West Territories, Canada.
- To raise funds necessary for the resurrection and restoration of the Forts.
- To plan, develop and implement an educational program that will foster as interest is the history of the Assiniboine and Swan River Valleys.
The Pelly and district is filled with history, much of it playing a significant roll in the development of Saskatchewan and the west.
- Fort Pelly
- Fort Livingstone
- St Alban's Anglican Church
- Village of Pelly
- Northwest Mounted Police Head Quarters
- Seat of Government - North-West Territories
The Annual General Meeting for the Fort Livingstone-Pelly Heritage Guild was held in April 21, 2016. Members present decided to merge the Guild with the Museum.
Visit the web site for the Guild www.pellyheritage.ca